Senior Associate #0775
Alta Planning + Design is a sustainable transportation company dedicated to creating active, healthy communities through planning, landscape architecture, engineering, and education/encouragement programs. Alta was founded in 1996 when communities were calling for safer streets for people walking and bicycling as the non-motorized transportation movement developed into a profession in the United States. We pioneered the field of active transportation, evolving our planning and design work into a visionary global practice that empowers people to live active, healthy lives and gets them to where they need to go.
Our core values and work bring about positive change by creating places that are geared toward moving people rather than cars, connecting community members to daily needs and human experience, and empowering every person to live an active healthy life. As a global leader in mobility innovation for over 26 years with 180 staff and 22 offices, we are dedicated to connecting people to places by working across disciplines and scale to address social justice, safety, and environmental resilience.
Day to Day
The selected candidate would be our Central Florida leader, working closely with our Boca Raton leadership team to identify project opportunities, leading our most important projects, and mentoring a team of engineers, planners and designers. This leadership position will play an instrumental role in helping to grow our Central Florida client base.
The selected candidate will lead project teams to deliver the most innovative active transportation and trail projects in Central FL and the southeastern United States. Project types include multimodal planning and design, trail feasibility studies, municipal planning and engineering, safety studies, community engagement, and grant writing.
What We Offer
Alta offers a flexible, hybrid work schedule where most employees work from home three days per week. In-office days support our collaborative culture, one of our core values.
Compensation: The pay range for this job in Central Florida is $103,200–$140,000 annually. Placement within the range is based upon experience, skill-sets, and qualifications.
Alta offers comprehensive benefits to all full-time employees:
- Medical: PPO or HSA medical plans, Alta pays 75% of the cost
- Dental/Vision: PPO, Alta pays 90% of the cost
- Life Insurance: Alta pays 100% of the premium for life and AD&D, equal to your base compensation
- 401(k): Alta provides a safe harbor match up to 4%
- PTO: 21 days accrued annually to start
- Holidays: 11 total company paid holidays
- Parental Leave/Short-Term Disability
- Additional Benefits: Wellness reimbursement up to $800 annually, Alta Gets Around benefit of up to $900 annually, 5-year travel award, and professional development opportunities
If you feel this position would be right for you, please use the Apply for This Position button at the bottom of this page. This will take you to Pinpoint, our application system hosted with our Trilon partners. Learn more about Alta’s partnership with Trilon.
Alta seeks to be an employer of choice for people of color and others from culturally underrepresented groups including diverse races, cultures, gender identities, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic status. We encourage individuals from these underrepresented communities to apply, regardless of whether your current skill set aligns exactly with the qualifications listed below. We are committed to having staff that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in, and we want to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, engineering, design or a related field of study.
- Twelve (12) or more years of experience in a consulting environment or public entity managing large projects; three (3) or more years of experience as a Project Manager; three (3) or more years managing staff.
- Experience in the field of active, non-motorized transportation.
- Demonstrated understanding of the planning process and a detailed understanding of project management principles, methods and techniques.
- Proven ability to guide staff members and manage internal team expectations.
- Exhibits strong initiative and the ability to capitalize on opportunities to enhance Alta’s position in the marketplace.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities, and multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional project teams within budgetary and schedule constraints.
- Experience writing and presenting white papers and/or providing expert-level presentations at conferences and other events promoting the field of sustainable infrastructure and active, non-motorized transportation.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Excellent professional ethics, leadership skills, accountability, and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, presentation, and analytic skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Adobe Creative Suite, ESRI Arc GIS, or similar products.
- Proficiency in an enterprise-wide resource planning and project management tool.
- Master’s degree in Planning, engineering, design or a related field of study.
- Experience using Deltek Vision.
- Registration as a Professional Landscape Architect or as a Professional Planner.
About Alta Planning + Design
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and company-sponsored programs. Alta Planning + Design maintains formal employment policies, available online and by request.
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to affirmative action regulations requiring written Affirmative Action Plans (AAP’s) for minorities and women, and for covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. We worked intensively with a local firm that specializes in Affirmative Action Plans to develop a program for our company that will not only satisfy our federal obligations but will be a living document. This means the plan is integrated into our recruiting and evaluation procedures and is revisited often in order to ensure we’re doing everything we can to embrace and promote diversity within our company.