Associate Project Accountant/Coordinator (#1576)
Alta Planning + Design is an active transportation company dedicated to creating active, healthy communities through planning, landscape architecture, engineering, and education/encouragement programs.
Our core values and work bring about positive change by creating places that are geared toward moving people rather than cars, connecting community members to daily needs and human experience, and empowering every person to live an active healthy life. As a global leader in mobility innovation for over 24 years with 175 people on staff, we are dedicated to connecting people to places by working across disciplines and scale to address social justice, traffic safety, and environmental resilience. Alta Planning + Design is committed to creating and supporting a diverse workforce.
Summary + Overview
Alta Planning + Design is seeking a full-time Project Administrator Coordinator in our Portland, OR and Los Angeles CA offices, to support project managers. This role is responsible for supporting office team members to manage and complete projects and contribute to Alta’s financial success. If you are looking for an innovative organization with a highly collaborative office culture that is focused on sustainability and equity, apply with us today!
The essential priorities of this exempt, salaried position are:
- Responsible for project lifecycle including
- track projects and project budget
- validate invoicing
- project close-out
- reconciling overall project payables and receivables to project budgets
- Partner with the Project Manager and team to establish project budget, update budgets as needed when contract modifications, or budget changes arise
- Apply accounting expertise relating to project resources, labor and expenses, investigating project variances and submitting variance reports to management
- Ensure draft invoices from billing are accurate based on the contract requirements agreed upon with the client, identifying corrections needed, obtaining Project Manager documentation and signature, and finalizing the invoice approval with the Project Manager/billing team
- Subcontract management and coordination with Contract Administrators. Including evaluating subconsultant invoice submittals for accuracy, establish and maintain purchase orders for subconsultants, and request and follow up on subcontractor payment requests with Accounts Payable
- Understand federal/state procurement reporting requirements
- Ensure the project team can meet project deadlines and deliverables
- Lead other essential project-related or administrative tasks and activities as necessary
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with staff to promote Alta culture
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Create and update project plans in Deltek
- Attend project kick-off meetings and resource planning meetings
- Work with Project Managers and Principals-in-Charge to:
- review project requirements
- prepare and maintain project plans
- prepare reports for clients and project managers
- schedule and facilitate cross-functional meetings
- Maintain detailed and organized project-related documentation including contracts, invoices, or payment records
- Review sub invoices and budgets
- Proofread and edit project-related materials
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs
- Experience in a deadline-driven, project-based environment
- Strong initiative, ability to manage competing priorities and multiple, simultaneous tasks, and the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Requires accuracy, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, or similar product skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or closely related discipline (or demonstrated proven equivalent experience)
- 1 to 3 years of relevant post-education experience in accounting, project contracts and change order documents
- Experience with automated project management applications (Microsoft Project)
- Experience with Deltek Vision
- Pursuit of CAPM or PMP
The pay range for this job in Portland, OR is $66,750-75,650 annually.
Placement within the range is based upon experience, skill-sets, and qualifications.
Alta offers comprehensive benefits to all full-time employees.
- Medical: PPO or HSA medical plans, Alta pays 75% of the cost
- Dental/Vision: PPO, Alta pays 90% of the cost
- Life Insurance: Alta pays 100% of the premium for life and AD&D equal to your base compensation
- 401k: Alta provides a safe harbor match up to 4%
- PTO: 21 days accrued annually
- Holidays: 11 total company paid holidays
- Additional benefits:
- Wellness reimbursement up to $800 annually
- Alta Gets Around reimbursement of $900 annually
- 5-year travel award
- Professional development opportunities
To apply, please upload your resume and a cover letter, telling us why you’re interested in Alta and why you’d be a good fit. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will not be able to respond to email or phone inquiries.
Alta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and company-sponsored programs. Alta Planning + Design maintains formal employment policies, available online and by request.
Affirmative Action Plan
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to affirmative action regulations requiring written Affirmative Action Plans (AAP’s) for minorities and women, and for covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. We worked intensively with a local firm that specializes in Affirmative Action Plans to develop a program for our company that will not only satisfy our federal obligations but will be a living document. This means the plan is integrated into our recruiting and evaluation procedures and is revisited often in order to ensure we’re doing everything we can to embrace and promote diversity within our company.