Contracts and Accounting Assistant (#1539)
Alta Planning + Design is an active transportation company dedicated to creating active, healthy communities through planning, landscape architecture, engineering, and education/encouragement programs. Alta was founded in 1996 when cities and communities were calling for safer streets for people walking and bicycling as the non-motorized transportation movement developed into a profession in the United States. We pioneered the field of active transportation, evolving our planning and design work into a visionary global practice that empowers people to live active, healthy lives and getting them to where they need to go.
Our core values and work bring about positive change by creating places that are geared toward moving people rather than cars, connecting community members to daily needs and human experience, and empowering every person to live an active healthy life. As a global leader in mobility innovation for over 25 years with 175 people on staff, we are dedicated to connecting people to places by working across disciplines and scale to address social justice, safety, and environmental resilience.
Summary + Overview
This position is responsible for providing administrative support within the Contracts department.
A general understanding of the administrative needs of the Contracts department and the ability to address these needs in a timely and effective manner is required in order to successfully meet the requirements of this position. The essential priority of this position is to:
- Maintain systems and processes to ensure timely support of the departments and respond to the needs of personnel as necessary and appropriate.
Responsibilities + Tasks
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the administrative activities of the Contract Administrators including arranging for contract signatures, ordering certificates of insurance, updating customer portals, and routing other documents as appropriate.
- Ensure proper archiving of physical and digital contracts and supporting documentation.
- Participating in the creation of new project records and maintenance of existing project records in the database in an accurate and complete manner.
- Maintaining task management checklist for contract and project records set-up.
- Responding to contractual inquiries in a timely manner.
- Providing other administrative support as requested.
This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to:
- One (1) or more years of experience as an Administrative Assistant or similar position providing customer-focused type support.
- Exhibits strong initiative, ability to manage competing priorities and multiple, simultaneous tasks.
- Exhibits accuracy, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Exhibits discretion and confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Good MS Excel, Word, or similar product skills.
Preferred Skills + Certifications
There are a number of additional skills, experience and education that would be beneficial to this position including, but not limited to:
- Experience in a professional services firm or public entity.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, or similar products.
What We Offer
The pay range for this job in Portland, OR is $40,050 – $53,400 annually. Placement within the range is based upon experience, skill-sets, and qualifications.
Alta offers comprehensive benefits to all full-time employees.
- Medical: PPO or HSA medical plans, Alta pays 75% of the cost.
- Dental/Vision: PPO, Alta pays 90% of the cost.
- Life Insurance: Alta pays 100% of the premium for life and AD&D, equal to your base compensation.
- 401k: Alta provides a safe harbor match up to 4%.
- PTO: 21 days accrued annually to start.
- Holidays: 11 total company paid holidays
Additional benefits: Wellness reimbursement up to $800 annually, Alta Gets Around reimbursement of $900 annually, 5-year travel award, and professional development opportunities.
To apply: please upload a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applicants we will not be able to respond to email or phone inquiries.
Alta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and company-sponsored programs. Alta Planning + Design maintains formal employment policies, available online and by request.
Affirmative Action Plan
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to affirmative action regulations requiring written Affirmative Action Plans (AAP’s) for minorities and women, and for covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. We worked intensively with a local firm that specializes in Affirmative Action Plans to develop a program for our company that will not only satisfy our federal obligations but will be a living document. This means the plan is integrated into our recruiting and evaluation procedures and is revisited often in order to ensure we’re doing everything we can to embrace and promote diversity within our company.
Alta requires all employees to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series or have an approved exception to the requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Proof of vaccination or an approved exemption for new employees will be verified prior to the first day of employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or receipt of an approved exemption will lead to withdrawal of the job offer.