Marketing Coordinator (#1531)
** Due to COVID-19, this position is temporarily a remote position. However, you must be within the Baltimore, MD area or willing to relocate there. This position will require some in-office attendance when it is safe to return.**
Alta Planning + Design is an active transportation company dedicated to creating active, healthy communities through planning, landscape architecture, engineering, and education/encouragement programs. Alta was founded in 1996 when cities and communities were calling for safer streets for people walking and bicycling as the non-motorized transportation movement developed into a profession in the United States. We pioneered the field of active transportation, evolving our planning and design work into a visionary global practice that empowers people to live active, healthy lives and getting them to where they need to go.
Our core values and work bring about positive change by creating places that are geared toward moving people rather than cars, connecting community members to daily needs and human experience, and empowering every person to live an active healthy life. As a global leader in mobility innovation for over 24 years with 175 people on staff, we are dedicated to connecting people to places by working across disciplines and scale to address social justice, safety, and environmental resilience.
A general knowledge of proposals and the ability to meet competing priorities in a timely, accurate and complete manner is required in order to successfully meet the requirements of this position.
The essential priorities of this exempt, salaried position are to:
- Coordinate proposal teams to respond to Requests for Qualifications (RFQs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), including scheduling kick-off calls, assigning responsibilities, participating in strategy development, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Build firm profiles, resumes, project sheets, and other materials to respond to RFPs.
- Develop formal proposals including writing and editing some of the proposal, and appropriately formatting and proofreading the proposals for presentation.
- Assembling proposals in InDesign, applying quality control and copyediting, and submitting/delivering completed proposals.
Responsibilities + Tasks
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Leading post-proposal activities like file maintenance, data entry, and team debriefs.
- Developing and updating marketing collaterals including staff bios and resumes, emerging market documents and qualification documents.
- Supporting marketing activities including events and conferences.
- Gathering information from external consultants and internal technical staff for inclusion in proposal submissions.
- Tracking and monitoring proposal efforts and activities ensuring timely delivery.
- Participating in market research and other creative projects such as white paper production, branding campaigns and newsletter development.
This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, business or a related field of study.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in marketing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign.
- General understanding of the proposal development process for private and public agencies.
- Exhibits strong initiative, ability to manage competing priorities, multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional teams and the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Exhibits accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel or similar programs.
Preferred Skills + Certifications
There are a number of additional skills, experience and education that would be beneficial to this position including, but not limited to:
- Experience in a professional services firm.
- Understanding of the planning and design process and enterprise-wide management tools (ex, Deltek Vision).
What We Offer
The pay range for this job in Portland, OR is $53,400 – $66,750 annually. Placement within the range is based upon experience, skill-sets, and qualifications.
Alta offers comprehensive benefits to all full-time employees.
- Medical: PPO or HSA medical plans, Alta pays 75% of the cost.
- Dental/Vision: PPO, Alta pays 90% of the cost.
- Life Insurance: Alta pays 100% of the premium for life and AD&D, equal to your base compensation.
- 401k: Alta provides a safe harbor match up to 4%.
- PTO: 21 days accrued annually to start.
- Holidays: 11 total company paid holidays
- Additional benefits: Wellness reimbursement up to $800 annually, Alta Gets Around reimbursement of $900 annually, 5-year travel award, and professional development opportunities.
To apply: please upload a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applicants we will not be able to respond to email or phone inquiries.
Alta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and company-sponsored programs. Alta Planning + Design maintains formal employment policies, available online and by request.
Affirmative Action Plan
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to affirmative action regulations requiring written Affirmative Action Plans (AAP’s) for minorities and women, and for covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. We worked intensively with a local firm that specializes in Affirmative Action Plans to develop a program for our company that will not only satisfy our federal obligations but will be a living document. This means the plan is integrated into our recruiting and evaluation procedures and is revisited often in order to ensure we’re doing everything we can to embrace and promote diversity within our company.
Alta requires all employees to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series or have an approved exception to the requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Proof of vaccination or an approved exemption for new employees will be verified prior to the first day of employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or receipt of an approved exemption will lead to withdrawal of the job offer.