Marketing Manager (Hybrid Schedule) #0532
Alta is seeking a full-time Marketing Manager to join our team in Durham, NC. If you are looking for an innovative organization that is an industry leader in active transportation, and want to help us grow, apply with us today! This exempt marketing department role has been designed to ensure the marketing efforts of Alta are well-supported and carried out in support of short-, medium- and long-term strategic objectives and goals
Alta Planning + Design is an active transportation company dedicated to creating active, healthy communities through planning, landscape architecture, engineering, and education/encouragement programs. Alta was founded in 1996 when cities and communities were calling for safer streets for people walking and bicycling as the non-motorized transportation movement developed into a profession in the United States. We pioneered the field of active transportation, evolving our planning and design work into a visionary global practice that empowers people to live active, healthy lives and getting them to where they need to go.
Our core values and work bring about positive change by creating places that are geared toward moving people rather than cars, connecting community members to daily needs and human experience, and empowering every person to live an active healthy life. As a global leader in mobility innovation for over 24 years with 175 people on staff, we are dedicated to connecting people to places by working across disciplines and scale to address social justice, safety, and environmental resilience.
Day to Day
As part of a network of marketing professionals across the company, you will lead marketing and strategic plan implementation for the east coast offices of Alta, managing a growing team of marketing coordinators and their workload. The person in this leadership position will work with the regional leader and principals to implement Alta’s strategic plan, manage business development tracking, and participate in go/no-go decision- making in project pursuits. In addition to co-facilitating the strategy for winning competitive proposals in response to client requests for proposals (RFPs), working in partnership with Alta’s project managers and principals, you will also sometimes lead production of these proposals, and
ensure Alta is pre-qualified with city agencies.
The ideal candidate takes pride in producing high- quality marketing deliverables from start to finish, using strong copy-editing skills and an ability to adhere to complicated instructions while managing the same of others in subordinate positions. Other elements of this role include structuring and leading meetings, good time management, and overall curiosity or interest in Alta’s technical work and industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, business or a related field of study.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in marketing; two (2) or more years of experience in a professional services firm.
- Understanding of, and interest in, the field of active, non-motorized transportation.
- General understanding of the planning and design process.
- Detailed understanding of the proposal development process for private and public agencies.
- Exhibits strong initiative, ability to manage competing priorities, multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional teams and the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Exhibits accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent professional ethics, accountability, and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and analytic skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar products.
- Understanding of enterprise-wide management tools.
- Master’s degree in marketing, public relations, business or a related field of study.
- Experience using Deltek Vision.
- Active participation in industry-relevant professional associations and committees.
- Experience managing and mentoring staff.
What We Offer
Alta offers a flexible, hybrid work schedule where most employees work from home three days per week. In-office days support our collaborative culture, one of our core values. Our Durham office is located downtown, in a thriving one-square-mile area filled with world-class restaurants and entertainment venues, and an incubator for creative thinking and innovative ideas. Destinations such as Central Park, Durham Food Hall, DPAC, and the Durham Bulls Athletic Park are just a short walk away; trend-setting trails
such as the American Tobacco Trail and the upcoming Durham Rail-Trail are a short bike ride away.
The pay range for this job in Durham, NC is $68,000–$80,750 annually. Placement within the range is based upon experience, skill sets, and qualifications.
Alta offers comprehensive benefits to all full-time employees:
- Medical: PPO or HSA medical plans, Alta pays 75% of the cost
- Dental/Vision: PPO, Alta pays 90% of the cost
- Life Insurance: Alta pays 100% of the premium for life and AD&D, equal to your base compensation
- 401(k): Alta provides a safe harbor match up to 4%
- PTO: 21 days accrued annually to start
- Holidays: 11 total company paid holidays
- Parental Leave/Short-Term Disability
- Additional Benefits: Wellness reimbursement up to $800 annually, Alta Gets Around benefit of up to $900 annually, 5-year travel award, and professional development opportunities
*The following statements pertain to US Candidates Only*
About Alta Planning + Design
Alta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and company-sponsored programs. Alta Planning + Design maintains formal employment policies, available online and by request.
Affirmative Action Plan
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to affirmative action regulations requiring written Affirmative Action Plans (AAP’s) for minorities and women, and for covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. We worked intensively with a local firm that specializes in Affirmative Action Plans to develop a program for our company that will not only satisfy our federal obligations but will be a living document. This means the plan is integrated into our recruiting and evaluation procedures and is revisited often in order to ensure we’re doing everything we can to embrace and promote diversity within our company.
Alta requires all employees to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series or have an approved exception to the requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Proof of vaccination or an approved exemption for new employees will be verified prior to the first day of employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or receipt of an approved exemption will lead to withdrawal of the job offer.