OM/Project Coordinator II (#1555)
Alta Planning + Design is an active transportation company dedicated to creating active, healthy communities through planning, landscape architecture, engineering, and education/encouragement programs.
Our core values and work bring about positive change by creating places that are geared toward moving people rather than cars, connecting community members to daily needs and human experience, and empowering every person to live an active healthy life. As a global leader in mobility innovation for over 24 years with 175 people on staff, we are dedicated to connecting people to places by working across disciplines and scale to address social justice, traffic safety, and environmental resilience.
Summary + Overview
Alta Planning + Design is seeking a full-time Project Coordinator II in our Portland, OR office, to support project managers and function as Administrative Office Manager for Alta’s office of 55 staff in Portland.This role is responsible for coordinating with the 10 functional teams within the Portland office, and teams in Seattle, promoting internal office culture, leading management of the physical offices, and supporting office team members to complete projects, grow their careers, and contribute to Alta’s success. If you are looking for an innovative organization with a highly collaborative office culture that is focused on sustainability and equity,, apply with us today!
The essential priorities of this exempt, salaried position are to:
- Support project managers to carry out all aspects of a project to ensure the project team can meet project deadlines and deliverables.
- Supporting budget and resource management and participating in monthly billing activities.
- Lead other essential project-related or administrative tasks and activities as necessary
- Lead the operational and administrative management of the Portland office.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with staff to promote Alta culture
- In 2023,coordinate internal teams and external advisors to plan for and carry out an office relocation to another building in the central city of Portland.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Create and update project plans in Deltek
- Attend project kick-off meetings and resource planning meetings
- Support PMs from bid to close
- Work in conjunction with technical PMs and PICs to:
- Review project requirements
- Prepare and maintain project plans
- Prepare reports for clients and project stakeholders
- Schedule and facilitates cross-functional meetings
- Maintain project-related documentation including contracts, invoices, or payment records
- Review sub invoices and budgets
- Proofreads and edits project-related materials
- Coordinates with finance and marketing on establishing projects in Alta systems
- Gather data and assist in the creation of project retrospective reports
- oversight of daily office administrative functions for the Portland and Seattle offices
- Serve as a primary point of contact for the administrative management and oversight for the Portland and Seattle offices
- Participate in biweekly Alta Office Manager calls to network and report operational updates.
- Manage and mentor junior and peer staff per regional / discipline org chart, providing feedback and professional development in a timely and effective manner.
- Supervise Administrative staff, and manage vendor contracts.
- Three (3) or more years of experience as a Project Coordinator or similar position.
- Experience in a deadline-driven, project-based environment.
- Exhibits strong initiative, ability to manage competing priorities and multiple, simultaneous tasks, and the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Exhibits accuracy, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, or similar product skills.
- Experience with Deltek Vision
- Pursuit of CAPM or PMP
What we offer
The pay range for this job in Portland, OR is $66,750-75,650 annually. Placement within the range is based upon experience, skill-sets, and qualifications.
Alta offers comprehensive benefits to all full-time employees.
- Medical: PPO or HSA medical plans, Alta pays 75% of the cost.
- Dental/Vision: PPO, Alta pays 90% of the cost.
- Life Insurance: Alta pays 100% of the premium for life and AD&D equal to your base compensation.
- 401k: Alta provides a safe harbor match up to 4%.
- PTO: 21 days accrued annually to start.
- Holidays: 11 total company paid holidays
- Additional benefits: Wellness reimbursement up to $800 annually, Alta Gets Around reimbursement of $900 annually, 5-year travel award, and professional development opportunities.
To apply, please upload your resume and a cover letter, telling us why you’re interested in Alta and why you’d be a good fit. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will not be able to respond to email or phone inquiries.
Alta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and company-sponsored programs. Alta Planning + Design maintains formal employment policies, available on online and by request.
Affirmative Action Plan
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to affirmative action regulations requiring written Affirmative Action Plans (AAP’s) for minorities and women, and for covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. We worked intensively with a local firm that specializes in Affirmative Action Plans to develop a program for our company that will not only satisfy our federal obligations but will be a living document. This means the plan is integrated into our recruiting and evaluation procedures and is revisited often in order to ensure we’re doing everything we can to embrace and promote diversity within our company.