Senior Proposal Coordinator (#1565)
Alta Planning + Design is an active transportation company dedicated to creating active, healthy communities through planning, landscape architecture, engineering, and education/encouragement programs. Alta was founded in 1996 when cities and communities were calling for safer streets for people walking and bicycling as the non-motorized transportation movement developed into a profession in the United States. We pioneered the field of active transportation, evolving our planning and design work into a visionary global practice that empowers people to live active, healthy lives and getting them to where they need to go.
Our core values and work bring about positive change by creating places that are geared toward moving people rather than cars, connecting community members to daily needs and human experience, and empowering every person to live an active healthy life. As a global leader in mobility innovation for over 24 years with 175 people on staff, we are dedicated to connecting people to places by working across disciplines and scale to address social justice, safety, and environmental resilience.
Summary + Overview
This exempt marketing department role has been designed to ensure the marketing efforts of Alta are well-supported.
A general understanding of market forces and the economic climate, the ability to react nimbly and quickly and meet competing priorities in a cost-effective manner is required to successfully meet the requirements of this position.
The essential priorities of this exempt, salaried position are to:
- Lead regional and service area marketing programs, as assigned.
- Participate in gathering and disseminating marketing best practices throughout Alta.
- Support the enhancement of Alta’s reputation as a trusted advisor through effective marketing activities.
- Lead marketing team task forces to advance our outreach
Responsibilities + Tasks
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the completion and dissemination of annual regional annual strategic plans including collaborating with the Director of Marketing to modify and align the annual strategic plans (“SPROCKET” plans) towards overall strategic objectives.
- Participating in the identification, development and growth of service area specialties in support of Alta’s desired market expansion goals; participating in research and benchmarking activities in support of these goals.
- Coordinating proposal teams to respond to RFQ and RFP requests for information; developing formal proposals including writing and editing some or all of the proposal, appropriately formatting and proofreading the proposals for presentation.
- Assisting with the management of marketing related expenditures including managing budgets for targeted conferences, printed materials and other marketing expenditures where the strategy and goals reflect Alta’s vision and strategic position.
- Developing and updating marketing collateral, including staff resumes and qualification documents.
- Assisting with the preparation and presentation of performance analyses and reporting to appropriate management level audiences.
- Maintaining, and updating as necessary, the Alta website and social media feeds including preparing blogs and other appropriate content.
- Leading creative projects such as white paper production, branding campaigns and newsletter development.
- Contributing to Alta’s internal Professional Development programs by developing and presenting material on marketing related topics.
- Collaborating with other operations departments including Information Technology, Finance, Administration and Human Resources in the development, implementation and execution of operations department goals and objectives.
This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, business or a related field of study.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in marketing; two (2) or more years of experience in a professional services firm.
- Understanding of, and interest in, the field of active, non-motorized transportation.
- General understanding of the planning and design process.
- Detailed understanding of the proposal development process for private and public agencies.
- Exhibits strong initiative, ability to manage competing priorities, multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional teams and the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Exhibits accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent professional ethics, accountability, and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and analytic skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar products.
- Understanding of enterprise-wide management tools.
Preferred Skills + Certifications
There are a number of additional skills, experience and education that would be beneficial to this position including, but not limited to:
- Experience using Deltek Vision.
- Active participation in industry-relevant professional associations and committees.
- Experience managing and mentoring staff.
What We Offer
The pay range for this job in Los Angeles is $70,000 – $85,000 annually. Placement within the range is based upon experience, skill-sets, and qualifications.
Alta offers comprehensive benefits to all full-time employees.
- Medical: PPO or HSA medical plans, Alta pays 75% of the cost.
- Dental/Vision: PPO, Alta pays 90% of the cost.
- Life Insurance: Alta pays 100% of the premium for life and AD&D, equal to your base compensation.
- 401k: Alta provides a safe harbor match up to 4%.
- PTO: 21 days accrued annually to start.
- Holidays: 11 total company-paid holidays
Additional benefits: Wellness reimbursement up to $800 annually, Alta Gets Around reimbursement up to $900 annually, 5-year travel award, and professional development opportunities.
To apply, please upload your resume and a cover letter, telling us why you’re interested in Alta and why you’d be a good fit. Please also include a link to a portfolio website and/or upload at least one sample of your graphic design work for us to review. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will not be able to respond to email or phone inquiries.
Alta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training and company-sponsored programs. Alta Planning + Design maintains formal employment policies, available on online and by request.
Affirmative Action Plan
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to affirmative action regulations requiring written Affirmative Action Plans (AAP’s) for minorities and women, and for covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. We worked intensively with a local firm who specializes in Affirmative Action Plans to develop a program for our company that will not only satisfy our federal obligations, but will be a living document. This means the plan is integrated into our recruiting and evaluation procedures, and is revisited often in order to ensure we’re doing everything we can to embrace and promote diversity within our company.
Alta requires all employees to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series or have an approved exception to the requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Proof of vaccination or an approved exemption for new employees will be verified prior to the first day of employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or receipt of an approved exemption will lead to withdrawal of the job offer.