Accounting Supervisor (Hybrid Schedule) #0738
Alta Planning + Design seeks an Accounting Supervisor for our LAX office. This finance based position will help support our robust and complex accounting functions. If you are looking to join an innovative organization and do work that connects people to places while advancing social justice, safety, and environmental resilience, apply with Alta today!
Alta Planning + Design is a sustainable transportation company dedicated to creating active, healthy communities through planning, landscape architecture, engineering, and education/encouragement programs. Alta was founded in 1996 when communities were calling for safer streets for people walking and bicycling as the non-motorized transportation movement developed into a profession in the United States. We pioneered the field of active transportation, evolving our planning and design work into a visionary global practice that empowers people to live active, healthy lives and gets them to where they need to go.
Our core values and work bring about positive change by creating places that are geared toward moving people rather than cars, connecting community members to daily needs and human experience, and empowering every person to live an active healthy life. As a global leader in mobility innovation for over 26 years with 180 staff and 22 offices, we are dedicated to connecting people to places by working across disciplines and scale to address social justice, safety, and environmental resilience.
Day to Day
In this role, you will bring your knowledge to facilitate reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and to support accurate financial reporting as a part of a team. You will help prepare monthly reports for the distribution as well as supervising others to ensure smooth report delivery. You will collaborate with others across functional boundaries and work to mentor and grow other staff within the department.
- Five (5) or more years of experience encompassing all aspects of accounting.
- Five (5) to Eight (8) or more years of experience in a professional services firm environment.
- Experience using Deltek Vision strongly preferred
- In-depth understanding of accounting and how the components fit together to support strong financial reporting.
- In-depth understanding of GAAP, financial reporting, and analysis
- Experience using an enterprise-wide accounting tool
- Strong MS Excel, Word, or similar product skills; ten-key proficient
- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA certification
What We Offer
Alta offers a flexible, hybrid work schedule where most employees work from home three days per week. In-office days support our collaborative culture, one of our core values. Our Los Angeles office is located in downtown Los Angeles (DTLA) right across from the 7th Street/ Metro Center Station. We are about a 1.8 mile (14 min) bike ride to Union Station, which is also accessible by the underground light rail system from the 7th Street/ Center Station. Persian Square is within walking distance to the office and plenty of nearby shops at the Bloc (shopping plaza), Whole Foods, and nearby FIGat7th (shopping plaza)
The pay range for this job in Los Angeles is $80,000-$100,000 annually. Placement within the range is based upon experience, skill-sets, and qualifications.
Alta offers comprehensive benefits to all full-time employees:
- Medical: PPO or HSA medical plans, Alta pays 75% of the cost
- Dental/Vision: PPO, Alta pays 90% of the cost
- Life Insurance: Alta pays 100% of the premium for life and AD&D, equal to your base compensation
- 401(k): Alta provides a safe harbor match up to 4%
- PTO: 21 days accrued annually to start
- Holidays: 11 total company paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave/Short-Term Disability
- Additional Benefits: Wellness reimbursement up to $800 annually, Alta Gets Around benefit of up to $900 annually, 5-year travel award, and professional development opportunities
*The following statements pertain to US Candidates Only*
About Alta Planning + Design
Alta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and company-sponsored programs. Alta Planning + Design maintains formal employment policies, available online and by request.
Affirmative Action Plan
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to affirmative action regulations requiring written Affirmative Action Plans (AAP’s) for minorities and women, and for covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. We worked intensively with a local firm that specializes in Affirmative Action Plans to develop a program for our company that will not only satisfy our federal obligations but will be a living document. This means the plan is integrated into our recruiting and evaluation procedures and is revisited often in order to ensure we’re doing everything we can to embrace and promote diversity within our company.
Alta requires all employees to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series or have an approved exception to the requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Proof of vaccination or an approved exemption for new employees will be verified prior to the first day of employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or receipt of an approved exemption will lead to withdrawal of the job offer.