Sustainability and Climate
At Alta we infuse sustainability and climate-forward thinking into all of our planning, design, engineering, outreach, and programs work to help plan and build communities that are resilient and future-ready. To help our clients and empower communities to meet their goals, we:
- Help clients prioritize and expedite implementation of projects and programs to replace car trips before 2030.
- Model emissions reductions that could result from these projects.
- Incorporate community risks (e.g., heat, sea level rise, drought, flooding, and social vulnerabilities) and mitigation into our deliverables.
- Empower disproportionately impacted communities to lead on creating solutions.
- Incorporate multi-benefit design strategies for addressing more frequent and more extreme weather events.
- Integrate green infrastructure and ecosystem services.
See our most recent climate publications:
- Materials Matter: See How We’re Thinking About Using Sustainable Materials in our Community Projects
- Cool Down When it’s Heating Up: Placemaking and Heat Island Reduction in Arizona
- A New Climate Tool Takes Aim at Heat Island Conditions
- Fighting Extreme Heat in LA can Serve as a Model for Other Communities
Alta’s Sustainability + Climate Focus Areas include: